20 February 2023
During times when we wish to express repentance and especially during Lent, it is customary to pray the Seven Penitential Psalms and the Songs of the Suffering Servant. The penitential designation of these psalms dates from the seventh century. Prayerfully reciting these psalms will help us to recognize our sinfulness, express our sorrow and ask for God’s forgiveness.
Subscribe to our podcast on Apple Podcasts or Spotify streaming platforms to receive each episode directly to your device.
Below are links to the episodes available now:
- Psalm 6 and reflection by Elizabeth Harrington
- Psalm 32 and reflection by Sr Ursula O’Rourke SGS
- Psalm 38 and reflection by Emma Kruse
- Psalm 51 and reflection by Clare Schwantes
- Psalm 102 and reflection by Colleen Tracey
- Psalm 130 and reflection by Cynthia Rowan
- Psalm 143 and reflection by Anne Frawley-Mangan