- Human Resources Graduate
- HR Services
- Brisbane - Inner
- Human Resources (HR) is a shared service operating in Archdiocesan Services HR functions across the Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane with the exception of Brisbane Catholic Education. We provide HR support to Parishes, Cathedral precinct and Centacare.
The People and Culture team is inviting applications for a full-time HR Graduate position for an 8-month maternity leave contract. This fantastic opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, well organised and energetic graduate looking to apply their studies to real life HR functions. This role will be required to provide administrative and HRIS database support to the People and Culture team as well as complete end to end processing of recruitment and safeguarding.
The ideal candidate will have a high level of initiative and attention to detail, and be able to handle multiple tasks effectively in a demanding environment. You will be highly motivated and confident in communicating to an extensive network of stakeholders, and be flexible to take on tasks as required.
Initially there will be a heavy focus on data entry and scanning of HR documents.
This will be a good stepping stone for someone looking to enter the HR field.
Skills & Experience
- Provide a range of HR operational support and administrative services to the People and Culture team
- Employee and volunteer criminal history checks and blue card documentation, administration and monitoring
- End to end recruitment administration
- Maintain employee and volunteer electronic files
- Liaise with key internal and external stakeholders
- Qualification in Human Resources and/or Business Administration or experience in a similar role
- Ability to handle multiple demands in a timely manner within a highly demanding environment
- Knowledge and experience working with software application i.e. Windows, Microsoft Office and HRIS systems (highly desirable)
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Strong ability in decision making and problem solving
- Enjoy working with a small team in an autonomous working environment
- Contribute your ideas, knowledge and experience to improve how we do business
- Ability to manage own work, time and commitments
- Ability to extract and report on data
- High level organisation and time management skills
- Clear Criminal History Screening checks (Blue Card and Police Check)
You will be remunerated based on a total employment cost (TEC) approach across the Archdiocesan Pay Scale with the base salary commencing at $52,000.The Archdiocese of Brisbane has standards of conduct for employees and volunteers to maintain a safe and healthy environment. Our commitment to these standards requires that we conduct background referencing for all persons who will engage in direct and regular involvement with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults.
- Monday, February 18, 2019
- To apply for this position, please email your current resume and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the position to email@example.com Attention: Cindy Hayer. For further information regarding this position, please contact Christy Welldon on 07 3255 7725.