- COOK (Windsor Neighbourhood Child Care Centre)
- Centacare Child Care Services
- Your new job in a vibrant, innovative, happy and caring Long Day Care service starts here.
At Centacare Child Care Services, an agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane, we have fun, encourage growth and quality early child education all while providing a safe environment for children. Something special is happening here, and now it's your turn to be part of it!Out of the 130 Services provided across South East Queensland, Windsor Neighbourhood Child Care Centre is seeking a part-time Cook. You will prepare and cook healthy and nutritious meals for children from 6 weeks to school age. This is an important role in the long day care service as together with families, we work to provide healthy and nutritious meals. Windsor Neighbourhood Child Care Centre cares for up to 52 children in long day care. This service is an integral part of the catholic community.
Hours: 25 hours per week
Remuneration: as per the Children's Services Modern Award 2010. Level 3 (Support Services). $23.17 per hour
- Preparing and cooking healthy meals for children
- Preparing, displaying and reviewing centre menus in line with Nutrition Australia Guidelines
- Serving & assisting children during meal times
- Ensuring safe and compliant food hygiene practices
- Ordering supplies within service budget
What we need from you:
- Food preparation and cooking experience (preferably in child care)
- Food handling Certificate (or willing to obtain)
- Food Safety Supervisor Certificate (or willing to obtain)
- Working with Children Check (Blue Card) (or willing to obtain)
- Be motivated to provide quality nutrition and care to children and families
What we offer
The Archdiocese of Brisbane has standards of conduct for employees and volunteers to maintain a safe and healthy environment. Our commitment to these standards requires that we conduct background referencing for all persons who will engage in direct and regular involvement with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults.
- Above award pay rates and employee benefits program
- Training and support services
- Supportive and friendly work environment
- Immediate start
- Friday, February 22, 2019
- To apply for this position please forward a letter of application addressing the job requirements listed above and a current resume (including contact details for 2 professional referees) to Leigh Payne at firstname.lastname@example.org.