- Youth Ministry Coordinator
- Parish position
The Rochedale Parish is currently inviting applications for the part time position of Youth Ministry Coordinator for 10 hours per week for 2 year fixed contract.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic committed Catholic to join the Parish team and assist them with the coordination of a variety youth ministry programs.
In this role, your duties will include but are not limited to:
• Running regular events such as youth groups for our 2 groups- youths -(12 to 17 years) and young adults - (18 to 35 years);
• Updating the existing Parish website;
• Creating a social media plan
• To be a visible face in the parish community;
• Regularly attending weekend and other important masses;
• Establish Parish Youth Ministry Team.
You will have:
• An understanding of parish life, Catholic Theology, liturgy and the sacraments;
• Demonstrated leadership abilities and experience in group facilitation;
• Well-developed written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills;
• A demonstrated capacity to work both independently and with others; and
• Be willing to work within the Mission and Vision of the Catholic Church.
• Computer skills - basic knowledge and experience in the Microsoft office and management of emails.
What we offer:
You will be paid under the Pastoral Ministry Guidelines and the rate of pay will depend on your qualifications and experience. You will be required to attend some meetings after hours and work on Sundays but you will be able to negotiate your other hours of work with the Parish Priest.
The Archdiocese of Brisbane has standards of conduct for employees and volunteers to maintain a safe and healthy environment. Our commitment to these standards requires that we conduct background referencing for all persons who will engage in direct and regular involvement with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults.
- Friday, March 15, 2019
- To apply for this position, please email or send your current resume and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the position to email@example.com Applications should include the name of two (2) referees one of which preferably should be a Parish Priest.