- Director of Mission
- Full Time
- South Brisbane
- Life at St Vincent de Paul Society
You'll be joining a team of committed staff and volunteers who work to improve the lives of those they assist throughout the community. We're bold with ideas and operate with pace and passion. Always looking for better ways to achieve our 'good works', our employees are innovative professionals who are driven to help make positive change. St Vincent de Paul Society QLD is a highly regarded charity organization with sites all over Queensland!An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Director of Mission to join the team at St Vincent de Paul Society!Reporting directly to the General Manager of Member and Volunteer Services, this role will provide operational and strategic recommendations to progress the direction and intent of the State Strategic Plan. This role is also focused on ensuring that a culture of best practice standards and continuous improvement processes are developed and implemented to achieve mission aspirations.We are looking for someone passionate about supporting the SVdP Queensland Mission and supporting our members to deepen their Catholic faith, which is reflected in their 'good works'.This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to dedicate their professional life towards their personal faith and the assistance of others.The Role
- Building strong internal and external working relationships through leadership, guidance and support to team members and promoting a culture of innovation and shared team work.
- Working with and through the Spiritual Development and Skills Training Advisory Committee to implement strategies to deepen the shared spirituality of members throughout Queensland.
- Encouraging and assisting members to deepen their Catholic faith, including providing counselling and guidance, by upholding the ethos of the Society in accordance with the Rule.
- Commitment to and presence at Society functions to include, but not limited to State Council meetings, Spiritual Events, Annual and Diocesan Retreats by arrangement.
- Contributing to organisational culture through effective training and induction processes, open communication and adherence to organisational policies and procedures.
- Providing strategic direction to each Diocesan President to establish Membership & Development strategic plans for their respective areas, assisting to set team objectives while ensuring cohesion at the Queensland state level.
- Managing and overseeing the Membership and Development Officers in each Diocese, ensuring that work is performed in accordance with set workplans.
- Reviewing membership engagement and resources ensuring processes and documents are maintained, accurate and are embracing continual improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrating understanding of and strong personal commitment to the mission, vision and values of the Society.
Ways we reward You!
To be successful in this position, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Competitive remuneration package AND salary packaging.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Friendly environment with an active social club.
- Additional benefits including discounts on health insurance, and
- Exclusive discounts on everything from experiences to electronics!
The St Vincent de Paul Society Queensland is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.You will be required to complete a police check should you be successful in being appointed to our organization. To be eligible for this position you must have an appropriate visa to work in Australia/New Zealand.
- Experience in a similar position with demonstrated background in mission development.
- Ability to build effective relationships with diverse groups of individuals and provide support and guidance around varied critical issues.
- Previous experience leading a geographically and diverse team to achieve set outcomes is essential.
- Willingness and ability to travel when needed to visit the different Diocese and offices across Queensland.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skill with the ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Proactive, results-driven and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Intermediate-advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite and strong computer literacy.
- Understanding of and commitment to the philosophy of the St Vincent de Paul Society Queensland and an ability to work in accordance with policies and procedures to promote the values and mission of the Society.
- Thursday, June 20, 2019
- To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the title “Application for Mission & Membership Development Manager” by 20 June 2019.