- Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner (EOI)
- Centacare Family and Relationship Services
- Centacare Family and Relationship Services (CFRS) is a not-for-profit community organisation that supports the strengthening of family and community relationships, particularly where there is vulnerability and disadvantage.We deliver professional and accountable services in supporting clients to find solutions and achieve their goals.
Centacare Family and Relationship Services are seeking Expressions of Interest from interested Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners at our Brisbane [Chermside] Family Relationship Centres.
We are seeking dedicated and experienced Practitioners who will assist in the provision of high quality, child-focused, family dispute resolution services for families who are experiencing conflict and need support to reach parenting agreements in relation to the children. This role includes intake, risk assessment, psycho-education, case management and family dispute resolution and mediation interventions. The role will offer opportunities to support and work with diverse families and complex needs.You will:
- be a highly effective communicator and solution-focused
- have extensive interpersonal skills
- demonstrate a high degree of professionalism and integrity in working with clients, colleagues, and community stakeholders
- participate in consultative and collaborative strategies with other practitioners
- have well-developed written work including report writing, case notes, data collection, data entry and computer literacy skills
- be required to be available for some after-hours
- have the opportunity to support and work with diverse families and complex needs
- work to provide accessible and equitable services for clients
Knowledge and Experience:
- demonstrated knowledge, skills and experience in FDR including mediating with families who may have complex needs, and come from diverse backgrounds
- demonstrated knowledge of Domestic Violence Legislation, Child Safety Legislation and the Family Law Act
- relevant tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Psychology, Social or Behavioral Sciences, from a recognised tertiary institution
- eligibility for membership of APS, AASW, or similar recognised professional association
- qualifications in family dispute resolution (FDR), and registration as a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner
- have a current Blue Card - or be eligible to apply
- agree (if offered employment), that Centacare can conduct an Australian Federal Police Criminal History Check
- agree to sign a statutory declaration stating you have no overseas criminal offences
- have Australian Work Rights - Australian citizenship/Visa documentary evidence is to be provided at interview (please contact us for detail if needed)
The Archdiocese of Brisbane has standards of conduct for employees and volunteers to maintain a safe and healthy environment. Our commitment to these standards requires that we conduct background referencing for all persons who will engage in direct and regular involvement with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults.
- based on Social Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award
- commencement on Level 5
- 9.50% superannuation
- Friday, June 28, 2019
- Application packages can be downloaded from the Centacare website under “Careers”. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.To be considered, in the first instance, please provide your current CV outlining your qualifications and experience to: april.o’firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Continuous Application Pool FDRP’ in the subject line.
Specific inquiries about this role can also be directed to Dr April O’Mara, Manager of Practice Governance & Research, at the above email address.