- Kindergarten Teacher (Long Day Care)
- Full Time
- Centacare Child Care Services
- At Catholic Early EdCare we share all parents aspirations to watch their children grow. We do this by incorporating the latest early education research and practice into our programs and creating spaces where children can connect, grow and discover. St Augustine's Childcare Centre, is one of over 130 Catholic Early EdCare services and part of the Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane operating in South East Queensland.We are seeking to appoint a Full time Kindergarten Teacher at St Augustine's Childcare & Kindergarten.
The Kindergarten teacher will join a team of educators who cater for children from 6 weeks to school age. Together with families, the staff work to provide programs in the best interests of the children.St Augustine's Childcare Centre & Kindergarten is a 75 place service. This service is an integral part of the catholic community.The service provides Long Day Care from 7am until 6pm. We are on College grounds with great connections with St Augustine's College.Hours: 38. Kindergarten Teachers work during term time only
Remuneration: as per the Educational Services (Teachers) Award 2010. Level 3 - 12, $34.20 - $45.12 per hour. (depending on qualifications and experience)
- Responsibility for the development and implementation of a kindergarten program
- Provide children with a safe, secure, welcoming and nurturing environment
- Work collaboratively within a team to ensure the best outcomes for children and families
- Participate in professional and personal development
- Promote the service within the local community in accordance with the Vision, Mission and Values of Centacare Child Care Services
The Archdiocese of Brisbane has standards of conduct for employees and volunteers to maintain a safe and healthy environment. Our commitment to these standards requires that we conduct background referencing for all persons who will engage in direct and regular involvement with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults.
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood) or equivalent as per ACECQA guidelines
- First Aid, CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis
- Working with Children Check (Blue Card) from the Queensland Government or exemption card
- Current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers
- Position may require being the Responsible Person on site in the absence of the Director
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework and National Law/Regulations.
- Conversant with Early Years Learning Framework & the QLD Kindergarten Learning Guidelines
- Experience in an education and care of children, particularly Kindergarten age
- An ability to interpret curriculum documents
- Effective oral and written communication within the workplace
- Monday, August 05, 2019
- For more information please contact Crystal Strudwick at 07 38140299.
To apply for this position please forward a letter of application addressing the job requirements listed above and a current resume (including contact details for 2 professional referees) to Crystal Strudwick at email@example.com.