- Full Time
- Financial Administrator's Office
- Brisbane - Inner
The Archdiocese of Brisbane is Australia's second largest diocese covering an area of 77,700 square kilometres, reaching north to Hervey Bay and south to the border.
The Archdiocesan Archives houses a rich history of items of historical significance from the earliest days of settlement in the township of Brisbane. The Archivist will have the opportunity to store, preserve and conserve archival materials, records and artefacts dating back more than 150 years.
Fantastic opportunity for suitably qualified Archivist to elevate and lead this essential service.THE ROLE:
The Archivist is a full-time position of 37.5 hours per week and will oversee the Archdiocese of Brisbane Archives for the purposes of collecting, accessing, preserving, conserving and restoring records of historical importance to the Archdiocese in accordance with canon law and best practice. The Archivist will also provide a range of services to the wider Church and general public who may demonstrate a particular interest in accessing information from the collection.
- Qualifications and/or experience in Archives and Records Management
- Strong administration skills
- Knowledge and experience in developing policy and procedure
- Excellent time management
- Knowledge of Archives and Records Management systems
- High level of computer literacy
- Ability to work autonomously and self motivated
- High level of confidentiality
- Support the values, ethos and mission of Archdiocese of Brisbane
- Ability to evaluate and critically reflect upon own professional practice
- Good inter-personal skills
The Archdiocese of Brisbane has standards of conduct for employees and volunteers to maintain a safe and healthy environment. Our commitment to these standards requires that we conduct background referencing for all persons who will engage in direct and regular involvement with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults.
- Sunday, September 29, 2019
- To apply or request a detailed position description contact James Herd, Consultant People and Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications to include resume and cover letter addressing selection criteria.
Previous applicants need not apply.