- Casual Educators (Outside School Hours Care)
- Catholic Early EdCare
- Alexandra Hills
- At Catholic Early EdCare we share all parents aspirations to watch their children grow. We do this by incorporating the latest early education research and practice into our programs and creating spaces where children can connect, grow and discover. St. Anthony's OSHC, is one of over 130 Catholic Early EdCare services and part of the Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane operating in South East QueenslandWe are seeking to appoint a casual educator at St. Anthony's Outside School Hours Care at Alexandra Hills.
St. Anthony's Outside School Hours Care is a 90 place service. This service is an integral part of the school and parish community.
The service provides Before School Care, After School Care and Vacation Care during the school holidays.
If you are self-motivated, have a passion to support primary school aged children's well-being, learning and personal development, and are committed to see them learn in a happy and safe environment, we want to hear from you. We provide quality care for all children attending our centres; staff are encouraged to assist in furthering children's learning, through intentional teaching and positive interactions.
Hours: as required
Remuneration: as per the Children's Services Modern Award 2010, Level 1.1 - Level 3.4 at a rate of $26.0954 - $31.9474 per hour depending on qualifications and experience.
- Work with the children to create fun and recreational experiences that support the children's well-being.
- Provide children with a safe, secure, welcoming and nurturing environment
- Work collaboratively within an established team to ensure the best outcomes for children and families
- Participate in professional and personal development
- Promote the service within the local community in accordance with the Vision, Mission and Values of Catholic Early EdCare
- Working towards an ACECQA approved qualification. Disciplines include: behavioural science, community services, creative arts, education, nursing, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech pathology, sports and recreation, and human welfare studies. Please see link for full list. https://www.acecqa.gov.au/qualifications/requirements/working-with-school-age-children
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework, My Time Our Place framework and National Law/Regulations or ability to acquire
- Conversant with school aged care framework My Time Our Place or ability to acquire
- A passion for the education and care of school aged children
- Effective oral and written communication within the workplace
The Archdiocese of Brisbane has standards of conduct for employees and volunteers to maintain a safe and healthy environment. Our commitment to these standards requires that we conduct background referencing for all persons who will engage in direct and regular involvement with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults.
- Thursday, October 31, 2019
- For more information please contact Roel Siebelink – Co-ordinator at 0477 550 068.
To apply for this position please forward a letter of application addressing the job requirements listed above and a current resume (including contact details for 2 professional referees) to Roel Siebelink at email@example.com. Please note: your letter of application must outline your availability for Before School Care (6:30am to 8:45 am weekdays) and After School Care shifts (2:15pm-6:00pm weekdays).