- Group Leader (Long Day Care)
- Catholic Early EdCare
- At Catholic Early EdCare we share all parents aspirations to watch their children grow. We do this by incorporating the latest early education research and practice into our programs and creating spaces where children can connect, grow and discover. St Augustine's Child Care, is one of over 130 Catholic Early EdCare services and part of the Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane operating in South East Queensland.We are seeking to appoint a Casual Group Leader at St Augustine's Childcare Centre.The Group Leader will join a team of educators who cater for children from 6 weeks to school age. Together with families, the staff work to provide programs in the best interests of the children.St Augustine's is a 75 place service. This service is an integral part of the catholic community.At St Augustine's Childcare Centre, children are central to everything we do. We are a passionate service with love for our children, families, and community. St Augustine's Childcare Centre is well known for its compassion for our educators, families and children alike.Hours: Varied
Remuneration: as per the Children's Services Modern Award 2010. Level 4A.1 - 4.3. ($32.7040 - $36.6645 (depending on qualifications and experience)
- Delivery of a high quality, inclusive, educational program
- Provide children with a safe, secure, welcoming and nurturing environment
- Communicate effectively with families
- Work collaboratively within an established team to ensure the best outcomes for children and families
- Participate in professional and personal development
- Promote the service within the local community in accordance with the Vision, Mission and Values of Centacare Child Care Services
The Archdiocese of Brisbane has standards of conduct for employees and volunteers to maintain a safe and healthy environment. Our commitment to these standards requires that we conduct background referencing for all persons who will engage in direct and regular involvement with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults.
- Diploma in Children's Services (or equivalent as per ACECQA guidelines) or working towards qualification
- First Aid, CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis
- Working with Children Check (Blue Card) from the Queensland Government
- Position may require being the Responsible Person on site in the absence of the Director
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework and National Law/Regulations.
- Conversant with Early Years Learning Framework & the QLD Kindergarten Learning Guidelines
- Experience in the education and care of children
- Effective oral and written communication within the workplace
- Friday, November 22, 2019
- For more information please contact Crystal Strudwick at 07 3814 0299.To apply for this position please forward a letter of application addressing the job requirements listed above and a current resume (including contact details for 2 professional referees) to Crystal Strudwick at email@example.com.