- Youth Ministry Coordinator (part time, 10 hours per week)
- Parish position
- The successful applicant would be expected to work towards the establishment and development a youth ministry program in the parish for the purposes of evangelization and building community.
Core competenciesThe applicant should demonstrate:
- Establish a firm foundation and vision for the growth of ministry to the youth of the parish in 2020 and beyond.
- Run a dynamic and engaging regular high school youth group for teenagers that is focussed on evangelisation and developing a personal encounter with Jesus Christ.
- Identify and train volunteers to assist as leaders in a youth ministry team.
- Establish and coordinate a youth-led Mass at least once a month.
- Integrate the works of the youth ministry into the wider mission of the parish, and encourage opportunities for intergenerational relationships to flourish.
- Connect with key staff and students within local high schools and explore options for shared initiatives with the parish.
- Utilise social media to establish an online presence for the youth of Holy Family Catholic Parish.
- Maintain open communication with the Parish Priest and prepare a monthly overview of activities to present to the Holy Family Pastoral Parish Council.
- A sound knowledge of Catholic Church teaching and values
- An understanding of and commitment to the Mission and Vision of the Catholic Church
- Knowledge and experience of youth ministry in a Catholic context including integrating youth and youth adults into the broader church community
- Highly developed organizational skills and interpersonal communication skills
- Qld suitability card for child related employment (Blue Card) and Police check or willing to obtain
- Friday, November 29, 2019
- Commencement Date: Monday 3rd February 2020
Applications close: Friday 29th November 2019
Applications should be submitted via email with a current resume and covering letter outlining your suitability for the position to Fr Nev Yun, Parish Priest at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
The Archdiocese of Brisbane has standards of conduct for employees and volunteers to maintain a safe and healthy environment. Our commitment to these standards requires that we conduct background referencing for all persons who will engage in direct and regular involvement with children, young people and/or vulnerable adult.