- If you're looking for your nearest Church or Mass centre this section is for you. Search by your location to see a list of all Churches and Mass centres and associated parish details.
- Baptism is the first sacrament of the Catholic Church - incorporating us into the Church. Here you'll find information on how to go about having your child baptised a Catholic.
- All you need to know about getting married in the Archdiocese of Brisbane.
- At a Catholic funeral the community gathers to say farewell to the person who has died and entrust that person to God’s loving care. Here you'll find all you need to know about funerals in the archdiocese.
- Confirmation is about renewing one's baptismal promises before receiving communion for the first time.
- First Holy Communion, that is, sharing in the body and blood of the Lord at Mass (Eucharist) for the first time, is the climax of the initiation process.
- In the early church, the hallmark of being a Christian was to gather with other believers on the Lord’s Day to celebrate the Breaking of the Bread. It is the same today: we gather as a community on Sunday to celebrate the Eucharist.
- The Sacrament of Penance is a celebration of God's love and mercy. It celebrates the call to repentance after a process of conversion of heart.
- The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults and associated program educates, then initiates adults to become a Catholic as an adult.
I need information about a baptism, marriage, funeral…
Author: Archdiocese of Brisbane