The Catholic Foundation of the Archdiocese of Brisbane was created to support spiritual, educational and social needs throughout the Archdiocese of Brisbane.
Its mission is to educate Catholics about the work of the Church in their midst, invite their participation, and thank them for their involvement and investment in the life of the Church.
The Catholic Foundation provides a number of ways for individuals to philanthropically support the work of the Church.
These include gifts of cash or securities, bequests in a will, gifts through a family trust or private ancillary fund, and regular recurring monthly gifts.
There are many ministries for which a gift can be designated which will ensure an ongoing impact including:
- Centacare, the social services arm of the Archdiocese of Brisbane
- The Priests Foundation, which ensures the dignified and comfortable retirement of the hardworking clergy
- The Holy Spirit Seminary, which supports the formation of the next generation of priests
- The Mary MacKillop Brisbane Catholic School Access Fund, created to provide disadvantaged children with a Catholic education
- The Archdiocese of Brisbane Endowment Fund which provides flexibility to act on the areas of greatest need in the Archdiocese
- The ongoing maintenance and beautification of St Stephen’s Cathedral
- Priests Education Fund provides for the education of priests throughout their service
- Various programs through the Religious Ministries Fund including pro-life, youth ministries and formation programs
- Various endowments
For more information on ways to give, please contact the Catholic Foundation.
The Catholic Foundation remains forever grateful to the many donors, sponsors and other supporters whose generous support of the mission of the Church is much appreciated.