No matter what talents we are gifted with, or our interests, job, family or friends, the only enduring purpose, happiness or meaning that we can derive from our life comes from our relationship with God.
Spiritual growth is a lifelong journey and everyone takes a different path towards their faith.
In the Catholic Church people may come from a number of directions, having been either cradle Catholics or adult arrivals (via the RCIA) or anywhere in-between.
The important point to remember is that the quest to be in communion with God and others, and the thirst for ongoing spiritual formation within the confines of lifelong learning, should be both nurtured and continual.
As St Augustine of Hippo said in his famous Confessions: “Our hearts are restless Lord, until they rest in you.”
The Archdiocese of Brisbane and a number of associated lay organisations foster a variety of different opportunities for individuals or groups to underpin or enhance their faith education.
These can include, but are not limited to:
- RCIA– the Rite of Christian Initiation as an Adult – baptism and confirmation for teenagers and adults
- Institute of Faith Education – courses and accreditation in the traditions, spirituality and teaching of the Catholic Church
- Santa Teresa Spirituality Centre – personal and group retreats
- Lenten programs – textual and audio visual resources produced by Evangelisation Brisbane
- Ignite Youth – Connecting a generation with Jesus through authentic relationships and dynamic events run by Emmanuel Community
- men Alive – events and programs bringing men together to renew their faith in God and to become an active force of renewal in the Church
- HEART2hearts – a ministry for women of all ages run by Emmanuel Community
- Assembly of Catholic Professionals – quarterly luncheon events featuring prominent or inspirational Catholic speakers
- Cursillo Movement – short courses in living Christianity – phone 0431 464 or 0401 399 936