Stewardship is a response to evangelisation as Catholics listen to the voice of the Spirit speaking of gratitude, generosity, responsibility and increase.
Everyone is encouraged to understand Stewardship as a spirituality for life in order to embrace a radical vision of what it means to be a disciple of Jesus, the ultimate steward.
As a spirituality – a way of life – stewardship calls each person to:
- Receive the gifts of God with gratitude
- Cultivate them responsibly
- Share them generously in justice with others
- Return the gifts with increase to God
Evangelisation Brisbane provides practical support for the implementation of Christian Stewardship based on biblical principles and proven approaches developed across the world over many years.
Stewardship challenges everyone to act differently in how to use their gifts of time, talent and treasure so as to benefit others and to serve the Kingdom. This vision speaks into every aspect of life, inviting everyone to be thankful, generous and accountable for what each has been given.
Stewardship encourages Catholics to:
- Be radically committed to Jesus and his teachings
- Participate more actively in their parish community
- Live out their baptismal mission in the world
We also have a range of Stewardship Prayersavailable you may find useful for praying with your parish or teams.