- Group Leader ( Wilston LDC)
- Full Time
- Centacare Child Care Services
- Your new job in a vibrant, innovative, happy and caring Long Day Care service starts here.
At Centacare Child Care Services, an agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane, we have fun, encourage growth and quality early child education all while providing a safe environment for children. Something special is happening here, and now it's your turn to be part of it!Out of the 130 Services provided across South East Queensland, Windsor Neighbourhood Child Care Centre is seeking a Fulltime Group Leader. You will join a team of dedicated educators who cater for children from 6 weeks to school age. Together with families, we work to provide programs in the best interests of the children and this role will assist with leading the team to achieve this. Windsor Neighbourhood Child Care Centre cares for 52 placements in long day care. This service is an integral part of the catholic community.The centre has been successfully operating for over 30 years and our dedicated educators provide a learning program in a safe, loving and supportive environment enabling the children to learn and grow through exploration and stimulating experiences. The centre offers a friendly, committed work environment that advocates team work and respect.Hours: 38 hours per week
Remuneration: as per the Children's Services Modern Award 2010. 4.1 - 4.3. $27.6211 - $28.4763 (depending on qualifications and experience)
- Delivery of a high quality, inclusive, educational program
- Provide children with a safe, secure, welcoming and nurturing environment
- Communicate effectively with families
- Work collaboratively within an established team to ensure the best outcomes for children and families
- Participate in professional and personal development
- Promote the service within the local community in accordance with the Vision, Mission and Values of Centacare Child Care Services
The Archdiocese of Brisbane has standards of conduct for employees and volunteers to maintain a safe and healthy environment. Our commitment to these standards requires that we conduct background referencing for all persons who will engage in direct and regular involvement with children, young people and/or vulnerable adults.
- Diploma in Children's Services (or equivalent as per ACECQA guidelines) or working towards qualification
- First Aid, CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis trained
- Working with Children Check (Blue Card) from the Queensland Government
- Ability to step up to being the Responsible Person on site in the absence of the Director
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework and National Law/Regulations.
- Conversant with Early Years Learning Framework & the QLD Kindergarten Learning Guidelines
- Experience in the education and care of children
- Effective oral and written communication within the workplace
- Sunday, February 17, 2019
- For more information please contact Carolyn McCaffery at 3857 1288.To apply for this position please forward a letter of application addressing the job requirements listed above and a current resume (including contact details for 2 professional referees) to Carolyn McCaffery at email@example.com