- Mental Health & Disability Support Workers
- Centacare Community Services
- Brisbane South
- Who we are
Centacare Community Services is part of the social services arm of the Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane and has been operating for over 50 years. With over 1700 employees across South East Queensland, we value our staff and believe they are the heart of our organisation.
Centacare Community Services, Anam Cara has multiple part time Mental Health Support Worker positions available working within a Supported Independent Living (24/7 with sleepovers) environment and in the community. Anam Cara is a leading non-government, not-for-profit service committed to supporting individuals with a mental illness with their lifestyle choices.
You will be supporting adults with managing their mental wellbeing, to live independently in the community and enhance their skills. There are also multiple roles working with clients with dual diagnosis. Male and Female staff are in needed in the Brisbane North, South and West Regions.
In this role you will:
- Support clients to utilise public transport to attend appointments and provide emotional support;
- Promote independent living skills and choices;
- Promote positive attitudes within the community towards people with a mental illness;
- Assist clients to develop Individual Support & Recovery Plans and support clients to achieve their goals;
- Provide flexible services around people's needs; and
- Complete documentation of day to day service delivery including incident reporting in accordance with organisational procedures.
What we need from you
- Qualification (or currently studying) in Mental Health/Psychology/Social Work will be highly regarded; and or
- Significant experience supporting individuals with mental health support needs;
- Great availability! Must be able to work varying hours: morning, afternoon, sleepovers and weekends;
- Current QLD Drivers licence
- Roadworthy and registered vehicle;
- A National Police Certificate
- A Blue Card with a Yellow Card exemption, or willingness to obtain;
- The physical ability to carry out all tasks required of the position;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; and
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to a person centred approach of service provision.
You will be paid in accordance to our Collective Agreement, with the base salary commencing at $24.2435 per hour.
Applications must be submitted via Seek by COB 26 July 2019.
- Friday, July 26, 2019
- To Apply CLICK HERE