- Mental Health and Disability Support Workers - Brisbane
- Part Time / Casual
- Centacare Community Services
Centacare Community Services is part of the social services arm of the Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane and has been operating in for over 50 years. With over 1700 employees across South East Queensland, we value our staff and believe they are the heart of our organisation.
Centacare Community Services, Brisbane South is expanding service delivery across the Brisbane region and is seeking to recruit experienced and/or dedicated Mental Health Workers to work across our Mental Health services with a focus on supporting individuals with a mental illness with their lifestyle choices. We are also seeking Disability Support Workers to work with individuals with intellectual, complex behavioural and physical disabilities. There are multiple part time and casual positions available in the Brisbane area. You will need to have great availability to work day/night shift, sleepovers and weekends.
In this role you will:
You will be supporting adults to live independently in the community and to enhance their skills.
- Work closely with families regarding the support of their loved one;
- Promote independent living skills and choices;
- Provide flexible services around people's needs;
- Assist clients to develop Individual plans (recovery, medical or positive behaviour) and support clients to achieve their goals in a person centred way;
- Assist with personal care, domestic duties, medication, meal preparation and household budgeting, where required;
- Support clients to utilise public transport to attend appointments and provide emotional support;
- Manual handling and hoisting of clients, if required;
- Complete documentation of day to day service delivery including incident reporting in accordance with organisational procedures; and
- Promote positive attitudes within the community towards people with a mental illness or disability.
What we need from you
- Qualification (or currently studying) and/or significant experience in Community/Mental Health/Psychology/Social Work will be highly regarded
- Great availability! The ability to work varying hours: morning, afternoon, sleepovers and weekends
- The physical ability to carry out all tasks required of this position
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent time management, prioritisation and problem solving skills
- A current "C" class Drivers Licence
- A roadworthy and registered vehicle
- A National Criminal History (Police) check or willingness to obtain
- A Working with Children 'Blue' card with a 'Yellow' card Exemption or willingness to obtain; and
- Commitment to a person centred approach of service provision.
You will be paid in accordance with our Collective Agreement with the base salary commencing between $24.10174 - $24.9707/ hr for permanent part time ($30.0218 - $31.2134/hr for casual) depending on your qualification and/or previous experience.
Centacare also offers you
- Ongoing support
- Opportunities for career and personal development
- Access to role specific training
- Free employee assistance program for you and your family
All workers of registered NDIS providers must complete - 'The NDIS Worker Orientation Module'- https://training.ndiscommission.gov.au/ to assist the people working in the sector to support people with disability.
- Thursday, November 28, 2019
- To apply Click Here!