Contributing to a strong, vibrant and inclusive Queensland
The Catholic Archdiocese of Brisbane contributes to the wellbeing of communities across South East Queensland in diverse and sometimes, surprising ways.
While many people primarily associate the Archdiocese with priests, churches and parish communities, we also live out our faith and mission through important work in education, social services, justice and being there to walk alongside people at critical moments in their lives.
In doing so, we provide employment for more than 16,000 Queenslanders and make a significant contribution to the well-being of South East Queensland communities.
Where are we?
The agencies of the Archdiocese of Brisbane work in communities covering 77,000 square kilometres from the New South Wales border, north to Hervey Bay and west to Eidsvold and Gatton. You will find us in:
- 98 parishes
- 144 Brisbane Catholic Education Schools
- 190 Catholic Early EdCare and Centacare age care, disability and family and relationship services locations
- and in every corner of the community through our outreach ministries.
Promoting strong vibrant and inclusive communities
- education to 72,492 students in Brisbane Catholic Education schools
- early learning and care to 26,701 children in Catholic Early Edgar
- 2.72 million hours of support to disability and aged care clients
- support to 22,916 people affected by domestic and family violence
- ministry to thousands in our prisons, hospitals and seafarer communities
- help to 4,429 people living with (or at risk of developing) ,mental illness
- support to 8,362 seniors to live well in their home and community
- home maintenance and modification services to 12,993 older Queenslanders and people with a disability.
The breadth of service and community support delivered by the agencies of the Archdiocese represents a significant contribution to the prosperity of South East Queensland:
- providing the equivalent of almost 22,000 full-time jobs, mainly in education and social services delivery
- supporting the work of more than 14,000 volunteers
- generating custom for 16,000 businesses and
- creating a total economic contribution valued at 2.5 billion dollars.