A range of Catholic organisations operate both under the archdiocesan governance and wider throughout Australia.
There is a range of organisations, services and groups operating in the Archdiocese of Brisbane. These include:Catholic Organisations within Australia
Catholic Organisations within Australia
Catholic Organisations in the Archdiocese of Brisbane include:
- Catholic Women’s League: An international association formed in 1906 in England and established in Australia in 1914 to promote the spiritual, cultural, intellectual and social development of women. The Catholic Centre, 143 Edward Street, Brisbane 4000. Ph: 07 3221 1924
- Knights of the Southern Cross: A lay apostolate for men dedicated to the public defence of the Catholic faith and support of church organisations via fundraising. It incorporates Southern Cross Care which provides home-based health care and hostel care. Ph: 07 3357 5544
- Legion of Mary: A lay association with a special emphasis on a devotion to Mary, the Mother of God; the association meets weekly for prayer and action, leading to spiritual. Email: email@example.com
- Little King’s Movement: A Brisbane based Catholic support group for the handicapped. 33 O’Keefe Street, Buranda, 4102. Ph: 07 3391 1432
- Rosies Youth Mission: Outreach to all youth and young adults via street ministry, especially during holidays.
- Society of St Vincent de Paul: Voluntary organisation with parish-baased conferences which fosters the faith of its members through practical assistance to the poor and homeless.
- St Vincent’s Community Services: Government funded services providing home-based health care, respite centres, accommodation for the homeless, hostels and nursing homes.